Pages

Saturday 1 December 2012

Who's that pony?!

Where did my scruffy awkward-looking Kaimanawa weanling go?  Tama's looking SO good now that his coat has come out.  While he still has a lot of filling out to do, he's grown up so much in the last month or so. These are going to be his registration photos.  Only a couple of months until the Kaimanawa Heritage Horses show!





I spent the morning with him, teaching him to take a paste wormer in his mouth.  I clicked and treated for targeting the wormer, and then for holding his head still while I put my fingers into the corner of his lips, and then for accepting the wormer tube right inside his mouth.  It was only maybe three 10 minute sessions but he's got it nailed. A few more practice tries with the empty tube and then I'll give him his first 'proper' drench tomorrow (he's always just had it in his feed before).  


No comments:

Post a Comment